Whether you're still beating the winter blues or ready to welcome spring with open arms, any season of the year is a perfect time to add some blooming color into a corner of your home. We've picked five pretty flowering plants that will be easy to grow and easy on the eyes.
1. Streptocarpus (also known as Cape Primrose). Pictured above, find these in pink, purple, red and more colors. Amateur Gardening says they like medium to bright light and don't like being over-watered.
2. Saintpaulias (also known as African Violet) Lots of colors to choose from. They prefer indirect light and moist soil, according to About.com.
3. Tradescantia pallida (Also known as Purple Heart Plant).
According to Guide to Houseplants, this plant loves lots of sunlight (the more sun the more purple the leaves) Water thoroughly.
4. Oxalis (also known as purple shamrock)
According to Wedgewood Gardens, this perky plant likes bright indirect light and likes the surface of its soil to dry out between watering.
5. Pelargonium (Many geraniums you find actually belong to this genus)
They need lots of sunlight and like to dry out between waterings. Particularly lovely as a kitchen window sill plant. More info on Yahoo Voices.
What are your favorite easy-to-grow flowering plants for indoors? Share your favorites plus give a few tips on how to care for them in the comments below!
Looking for more ideas for adding plants to your home?
Indoor Succulent Gardens for Any Home
The 10 Best & Easiest to Grow Herbs
5 Fragrant Plants for a Small Space
5 Reasons to Plant Geraniums
How To Create Your Own Lush, Winter Blues Beating, 70s-style Indoor Jungle
(Image credits: Shutterstock)