Location: Paris, France
Size: 452 square feet
Years lived in: 3 years; Owned.
Amaury and Amandine's Paris apartment is proof that it's possible to have it all, even in a tiny footprint. Their 452 square foot space has a cozy bedroom, a beautiful kitchen, and plenty of space for eating and lounging. And, thanks to tall ceilings and generous windows, it still feels incredibly spacious.
Although the architecture here is much more modern than in your typical Paris apartment, the space still maintains a distinctly Parisian vibe. I think it's in the combination of pieces from different time periods, the way each element holds its own but still brings something to the mix. The crowning glory — and one of Amaury and Amandine's favorite features — is the Constance Guisset light fixture, which immediately catches your eye upon walking in, and looks just a little bit different from every spot in the apartment.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: A mix between scandinavian and 50’s style.
Inspiration: Hotels like Ace hotel, some shops like Merci and Flea markets.
Favorite Element: Our lighting from la Petite Friture and the big windows in our living room.
Biggest Challenge: Not having a big apartment...
What Friends Say: It’s a warm and very peaceful apartment.
Proudest DIY: We made the concrete countertops in the kitchen. It was a big challenge!
Dream Sources: Flea Markets, magazines (Ideat, Elle Décoration), hotels, and travel.
Resources of Note:
• Bench – Custom made
• Lighting – La Petite Friture
• Lighting – Conran shop
• Lighting – Home autour du monde
• Lighting – Conran Shop.
Thanks, Amandine & Amaury!
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!