Name: Baby G
Location: United States
When I began planning our baby's nursery, I knew I wanted a clean, elegant look. My husband and I decided not to find out the gender of our baby before he was born, so we tried to keep everything gender-neutral.
The theme of this nursery was inspired by the handmade linen cloud mobile I discovered from an Etsy shop. I wanted a cloud themed nursery, but not to the extent of painting them on the walls.
In fact, most of my cloud accents were found on Etsy, from the "Common Cloud Types" print above the crib to the ceramic Cloud Factory on the shelf to the handmade tiny cloud plate on the dresser where we keep a spare pacifier for diaper changing.
One very special piece of this nursery is the cloud book cradle made by my loving father-in law, Jeff. It's one of my favorite things because it was hand-made especially for our baby boy. Another favorite piece is the shadow box above the turquoise shelf, which contains part of baby's going home outfit and other hospital keepsakes.
When I was designing this nursery I kept thinking that since I knew I'd be spending a lot of time in here, I wanted it to be beautiful! I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's a calm and peaceful space where I spend a lot of time rocking and nursing.
- Paint Color: Rain Puddle by Valspar
- Crib: Pottery Barn Kids, "Hayden"
- Dresser: Craigslist
- Glider: Best Furniture, purchased at The Baby's Room
- Side table: Summit Hill Cottage Shoppe
- Bookcase: local thrift store
- Floor Lamp: Land of Nod
- Frames: Hobby Lobby
- Shadow Box: Restoration Hardware
- Common Cloud Types Print: Etsy shop, Wondercloud
- Small Lamp: IKEA
- Cloud Factory: Etsy shop, Adam + Quincy
- Baskets: Land of Nod
- Cloud Mobile: Etsy shop, Iroiro
- Chandelier: Overstock.com
Thanks, Carly Grace!
(Images: reader Carly Grace)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE