The power of paint can't be denied - we all know how it can transform a room, but the effect is also powerful when it comes to projects that involve the application of paint to furniture and cabinetry. Here are ten examples from the archives (including one where the "furniture" didn't even exist prior to the paintjob!); check out the befores in this gallery and then click through on each for the always-fun-to-see afters.
• 1 Before & After: What a Difference Some Paint Makes!
• 2 Before & After: Painted Cabinetry Goes a Long Way
• 3 Before & After: A DIY Painted Headboard
• 4 Before & After: An Urban Couch Paintover
• 5 Before & After: Painted Storage Tower
• 6 Before & After: Alana's Painted Kitchen Cabinets
• 7 Before & After: A Kitchen Overhaul Complete with Painted Cabinets
• 8 Before & After: 2 Kitchens Overhauled
• 9 Before & After: Paint Transforms a Vintage Dresser
• 10 Before & After: The Pretty Painted Sofa Makeover
* * *
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
Images: See linked posts for full image credits