Jason & Jeff love to entertain. Jeff, a biologist, is the resident mixologist, and Jason, the office manager for Facebook Boston, is a born host. Their Cambridge galley kitchen had this small eat-in area, but with their dining table in the multipurpose entry just behind, this space sat unused as their limited kitchen cabinets overflowed with glassware and spirits. On their first-ever trip to Brimfield Antiques Market, Jason & Jeff found this gem of an industrial cabinet. Sure, it was showing its age, but its generous size would hold more than any bar cart could handle, and behind closed doors.
After waiting for a stretch of days sunny enough to take it outside, the project took a weekend to complete.
As you can see, it holds quite the amount of glassware (the top shelf goes four to five deep) and all of their liqueurs and spirits below.
Jeff, also a prolific potter, made the tool caddy you see above (and many amazing serving and display pieces not pictured).
- Cabinet: Brimfield Antiques Market
- Silver tray: Wedding present to Jeff's parents
- Vintage seltzer bottle: Brimfield Antiques Market
- Over the door towel bars: Home Depot
- Sutro & Golden Gate towels: Local Take
- Shelf liner: Amazon
- Watercolors: Takmaj via Society6
- 3D art of the Castro: Local Take
- Smaller framed art: photos taken by Jason & Jeff, and art by Jeff's family
Thank you Jeff & Jason!