Blue is a favorite wall color choice, and for good reason. It's often an unobtrusive color that blends into the background and offers a hint of calm and serenity. But blue isn't always used as just a whisper of a color. Take a look at how some of our recent house tours showcase blue in their rooms, in ways that range from a peaceful hue to a confident statement.
1. Cory's Former Factory Loft in Berlin exhibits the beautiful payoff of not being shy with color.
2. Charlie's Charming Townhouse exudes calm with this light and muted tone.
3. This color in Mimi's Bright and Welcoming Brooklyn Home brings to mind cool, clean water and is the perfect backdrop for her bright, fresh plants and the sunlight streaming in.
4. The accent wall in Bree & Andy's DC Home makes a splash, especially paired with the adjacent brick.
5. The blue walls in Laura Lee's Bright & Playful Basement Studio bring some of the outside in with their sky-reminiscent hue.
6. The barely-there hue in Eva & Jason's Charming Craftsman Bungalow is the perfect foil for the warm reds in the rest of the room.
7. This bright turquoise hallway in Amy's Vintage Jewel Tone Apartment is at once cheery and bold.
8. The minty aqua in Jamie's Cozy & Colorful Chicago Loft plays up the orange tones in this room with a vintage vibe.
9. A saturated aqua anchors and frames this eclectic room in Alex & Sarah's Traveler's Home.
10. Another bold statement wall in dark teal from Chris & Roger's DIY + Modern Farmhouse.
(Image credits: Lydia Brotherton; Rebecca Bond; Liana Hayles Newton; Nicole Crowder; Andrea Sparacio; June Bhongjan; Julia Brenner; Jamie Bayer; Marcia Prentice; Adrienne Breaux)