With October behind us and the winter season looming large, I start thinking of warm soups, fresh baked bread, and gathering around the table to share a meal — now's the time to cozy up your dining room. Here are five easy ways to bring some warmth to your table.
1. Add some fabric to the tabletop. Covering bare surfaces helps add warmth to your table. This DIY table runner is from Better Homes & Gardens.
2. Think about some extra cushions. Protect your eaters from the cold chill of a bare chair — add some cushioning to help them really sink in and stay awhile. These little hanging cushions are from Martha Stewart.
3. Greenery or branches add a touch of the outdoors. There's nothing like bringing the outdoors in to remind you that you're snug and warm inside. This branch centerpiece is from Better Homes & Gardens.
4. White twinkle lights always set a warm stage. I love twinkle lights year-round, but they're especially cozy this time of year. Check out this twinkle light chandelier from Grosgrain Fabulous.
5. Consider alternate seating. Sometimes I pull my old comfortable wingback up to the table if we need some extra seating — if I had a little sofa, I'd pull it up too! This little settee is from West Elm.
MORE WAYS TO GET COZY ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Spice It Up: Goods to Add a Little Autumn Coziness at Home
• Cozification: 7 Steps to Your Coziest Home Yet
• 20 Cozy Blankets for Fall 10 to Buy & 10 to DIY
(Images: as linked above.)