You may have noticed the trend toward oversized artwork and photography. It may not be for everyone, but I think it's fabulous to be big and bold in your design choices. One huge piece will definitely take care of a single wall or may be enough for the whole space. The look can work in any space, but today I have 20 examples of dining rooms with oversized art for your inspiration board.
I think the dining area is an especially great space for oversized artwork because not only do you have a captive audience, it can fill in the awkward silences or be the topic of conversation at a dinner party. It makes the perfect pairing with a great table. They center each other, literally and figuratively.
Whether it's photography, a print or a painting, here are some dining rooms to get you inspired.
1. Abstract painting, Home Adore
2. Graphic Print, Design to Inspire
3. Beach photo, Luxe Magazine
4. Abstract art, Design Sponge
5. Retro-inspired art, Redneck Modern
6. Retro-inspired photography, Design to Inspire
7. Colorful print, Jelanié Blog
8. Abstract art, Better Homes & Gardens
9. Photography pair, Homedit
10. Color block painting, Dustjacket Attic
11. Natural landscape photo, Domaine Home
12. Black & white water photo, Pro Design
13. Portrait, House & Home
14. Colorful abstract art, Houzz
15. Unique shaped landscape photo, Apartment Therapy Home Tour
16. Minimal photo pair, Timothy Whealon Portfolio
17. Monochromic portrait, Obegihome
18. Photo realism art, Mrs. Manuela Hardy
19. Modern & cooling painting, Home My Design
20. Natural & quirky photography, Desire to Inspire
(Image credits: Home Adore; Desire to Inspire; Luxe Magazine; Design Sponge; Red Neck Modern; Desire to Inspire; Jelanié Blog; Better Homes & Gardens; Homedit; Dustjaket Attic; Domaine Home; Pro Design; House & Home; Houzz; Apartment Therapy; Timothy Whealon; Obegihome; Mrs Manuela Hardy; Home My Design; Desire to Inspire)