Name: Megan and Jason Clark and their 7-month-old son, Ever Clark
Location: West Seattle, Washington
Size: 2,300 square feet
Years lived in: 5 years; Rented
Though they each hail from other places in the Northwest, Jason and Megan have made a beautiful home together near Alki Beach in Seattle. She is a VP at the non-profit LifeCenter Northwest, and he works for Groupon and writes the blog THE BLACK CANOE. Ever spends most of his time smiling, rolling on the floor, and doing other completely adorable baby things.
When you first walk into Jason and Megan's home, it is hard not to obsess over the epic view of Seattle's skyline. But once you've taken in the vista, there are stunningly beautiful sights to see inside the home, as well. The couple have filled their house with objects that represent the things most important to them: family, beauty, love, nature, good design, history, and craftsmanship.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: I think we would coin it "Modern + Heritage"— is that already a thing?
Inspiration: Most certainly the past, but mostly our heart—what we love. We dream of a Joanna Gaines-designed home and the culinary/style perfection of Mimi Thorisson.
Favorite Element: Our utilitarian bar stools and our Herman Miller Rocker covered in Pendleton fabric. Anything that tells a story—most of our pieces have a story or a memory.
Biggest Challenge: Balancing between bare and clutter.
What Friends Say: “Beautiful view”—not sure most folks see the inside of the home, the view often steals the show.
Biggest Embarrassment: Leaky windows at every hosted holiday.
Proudest DIY: Our succulents. Many are propagated from the boutonnieres and centerpieces we wore/distributed at our wedding.
Biggest Indulgence: Isamu Noguchi Table
Best Advice: Find your balance through timeless pieces you love regardless of trend.
Dream Sources: Herman Miller, antique shops, Dwell, Apartment Therapy, domino, The Palm Room (Seattle plant studio), and Design Sponge.
PAINT & COLORS
- Martha Stewart (pre-jail)—really, we don't know; the house came painted.
- Entryway table: custom-made by Megan’s parents, Charlie and MJ Erwin
- Antique oil cans: gift from Megan bought at a local antique shop
- Cactus: The Palm Room
- Chairs: Eames Molded Lounge Chairs from Herman Miller
- Stool: Eames Walnut Stool from Herman Miller
- Table: Isamu Noguchi Table from Herman Miller
- Sofa: Jane Bi-Sectional from Gus* Design
- Rug: Pottery Barn
- Sketches: Russell Chatham
- Boxing Gloves print: Seattle artists Urban&Amy
- Sailboat painting: Seattle artist Ricardo Romero Cortez Duque
- Artisan painted paddle: Sanborn Canoe Company
- Rocking chair: Pendleton-upholstered Herman Miller Molded Shell Rocker from Beam & Anchor in Portland, Oregon
- Rug: Pottery Barn
- Various cameras: gifts from family throughout the years
- Dining table: Craigslist
- Highchair: Stokke Tripp Trapp
- Kids Jumping From Pier photo: taken by Jason on the couple's engagement trip to Hawaii
- Espresso machine: Rocket R58—equal parts form and function
- Letter C: local antique shop
- Mt. St. Helens vase: bought at Pike Street Market in the early 2000s
- White ceramic whale pitcher: Jonathan Adler
- Abstract print: passed down from Megan’s grandmother
- Bed: Room & Board
- Sheets: Parachute
- Throw pillow: Dwell
- Leather chair: from Megan’s grandfather’s den
- Bedside table: Crate & Barrel
- Dresser: Crate & Barrel
- Bedside lamp: Rejuvenation Hardware
- Seattle Neighborhoods print: Choke Shirt Company
- Crib: Babyletto Hudson from Amazon.com
- Crib bedding: OLLI + LIME
- Changing table: The Land of Nod
- Campfire light: The Land of Nod
- Rocking chair: Monte Design Group
- Rug: The Land of Nod
- Tin table: local antique shop
- Bat: Mitchell Bat Co.
- Blocks: OLLI + LIME
- Art over crib: Northwest Art & Frame in West Seattle, WA
- Mobile: White Hall Farm on Etsy
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!