Name: Laura and Carlos
Location: Valencia, Spain
Size: 160 square meters (1722 square feet)
Years lived in: 3 years
Laura describes her home as a"typical home from a neighborhood called "El ensanche" in Valencia, Spain," but her home is anything but typical for design lovers. The whole space gives off an effortlessly designed feel while still embracing many sophisticated interior design principles—layers of decor stack elegantly, great vignettes are sprinkled throughout the space, beautiful light illuminates each room and more.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: This place is a typical home from a neighborhood called "El ensanche" in Valencia, Spain. The high ceilings, big windows and hydraulic tiles are completely beautiful. Carlos and I made the rehabilitation in full respect for the values of origin. Our place doesn't have any particular style; it's a mix of our lives and the travels we've made. We have things found in vintage markets, art from our friends, furniture inherited from our parents and grandparents and a lot of things bought in our travels.
Inspiration: The travels we made, the places we've been.
Favorite Element: We can't choose just one! But if we have to do it, definitely the kitchen zone has a few things that we love the most.
Biggest Challenge: The kitchen renovation.
What Friends Say: It's a unique place, full of things to spend a lot of time looking at.
Biggest Embarrassment: The storage room! But it's not in these pictures.
Proudest DIY: We made our dining table, the mobiles that hang around the house and the macramé for the hanging plants made for Nuga, my own company with a lovely friend, Jennier Merienda.
Biggest Indulgence: Kitchen and dining room.
Best Advice: Houses are to live in! Don't try to decorate all at once or copy some place you see in a magazine; it's your own home, make it yours, personal, with character. The place we live in has to talk about our life.
Dream Sources: Traveling is the biggest source of inspiration for us. We love to see how others build, how they lived in the other sides of the world, even in the most remote places on earth.
PAINT & COLORS
- Wall paper: Palm Jungle By Cole & Son
- Furniture from an old kitchen
- A typical Moldavian carpet
- Sofa: Pau
- Fabrics and cushions: Zanzibar & Morocco
- Hanging plants of macramé: Nuga
- Rocking chair recovered from the street.
- Tv cabinet: design by Carlos and me and produced by Ideo.
- Picture: Javier Ferrer
- Collage: CortarCabezas
- Dog photography: by Carlos Pinazo
- lamp of valencian ceramics : Manuel Pinazo (father of Carlos)
- Wicker lamps: Oporto vintage market.
- Basket lamp: Miguel Milá for Santa & Cole
DINING ROOM & KITCHEN
- Kitchen design by Carlos and Laura and produced in Ideo
- Portuguese Ceramics from Bordallopinheiro
- Animal heads made from esparto: artisan work from Jaen, Spain.
- Indian silk tapestry from Manuel Pinazo Store.
- Chandelier from Manuel Pinazo Store.
- Curtains made by Carlos mom.
- Lamp shop in an artisan fair.
- Carpets typical from Alpujarra.
- Night stands recovered from the streets.
- Crystal lamp shop in a vintage market.
- Closer recovered from the street.
- Art pieces by Javier Pastor
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!