Cleaning a screen should be an easy task. Yet, if you believe the claims of many products designed for this purpose, it is impossible to do without them. With so many products out there claiming to provide a streak free clean, is it possible to get these same results using items you have in your home? Yes, it is possible to get a streak free clean screen by using items you already have in your home, and we are not talking about window cleaner.
What You Need
empty spray bottle
clean rag (100% cotton)
eyeglass cleaning cloth
1. The first thing you do is make a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar. We used 1/2 a cup of each.
2. Pour your new cleaning solution into an empty spray bottle
3. Spray the solution onto a cotton rag.
4. Wipe your screen with the rag using small circular motions. Be careful not to apply too much pressure to your screen while doing this as it can damage your screen.
5. Use the eyeglass cleaning cloth to wipe your screen in small circular motions.
Additional Notes: We were impressed by how well this solution worked, it dried quickly and left no streaks. Using a cotton cloth is important as paper towels and tissue contain wood fibers which can damage your screen.
(Images: Joelle Alcaidinho)