Rebecca just showed us how to refresh our bathrooms, but let’s zero in on the shower for a minute. I’ll venture a guess that it’s the area that gets cleaned the least in all the bathroom. Here are five easy ways to have a sparkling shower all year long.
- Cover your shower faucet with bag of vinegar and secure with a rubber band. Leave it there overnight and you’ll have a clean shower head without all the scrubbing.
- Soak your shower curtain in a salt water bath for a few hours, let it dry, then rehang. The salt is a chemical-free way to fight against mildew.
- Try cutting the bottom edge of your shower curtain liner with pinking shears. The uneven edges facilitates water dripping, and reduces the chances of icky mold.
- Keep a Scotch-Brite dispensing dishwand in the shower filled with equal parts vinegar and dishwashing detergent. It’s easier to remember to clean when the tools are right there, and you can do it while you’re already in the shower.
- To keep shower doors clean, buy an inexpensive squeegee and use it every time you shower. The few seconds it takes you to do will dramatically reduce the amount of soap scum build up on the glass.
Have any tips of your own? Let us know in the comments.
(Image credits: Adrienne Breaux)