Does your bathroom have a pedestal sink? I definitely feel your short-on-storage pain. Here's how to make the most of your small bathroom, with examples from our House Tours:
1. Add furniture. If your bathroom has a layout that allows for a freestanding piece of furniture, count your lucky stars and get to shopping.
2. Utilize the top of your toilet. If your tank has a flat top, use it for some practical and pretty open storage.
3. Any flat surface is fair game. If you have a windowsill, a decorative chair rail, or anything that's a few inches deep, use it.
4. Build up. Using wall space for cabinets or shelving creates storage for toothpaste and Tylenol. A shelf doesn't just have to go over the commode; you can hang one over the door or just above a towel rack without it getting in the way.
5. Stash under. Attractive baskets, whether lidded or open, only have a small footprint and give you a place to stack towels and TP.
6. Prop behind. If all else fails, even the tiniest of bathrooms can save some space by sticking the scale behind the pedestal.
Edit: There are some helpful tips in the comments on this post.