2. Measure olive oil and pour into container with lemon juice
The scent of lemon Pledge is probably locked in the olfactory memories of many of us. But where did the idea of using lemon to clean and protect our furniture come from? Our grandmothers and their grandmothers, no doubt. So let's get back to basics and make our own green furniture polish. Instructions after the jump.
What You Need
Small container with air-tight lid
1. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into container. I recommend straining the pulp and seeds.
2. Add tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add tablespoon of water.
4. Tighten lid and shake until emulsified.
5. Pour small amount of polish onto cloth and begin wiping-down your furniture.
Since this is a natural and perishable recipe, you will have to make it fresh each time. When finished polishing, discard any remaining liquid you have left.
(Images: Michelle Chin)