Editor's Note: We just heard that this is a rumor and/or wishful thinking, and that the Frosta stool is not coming to the US after all. Fingers are crossed that IKEA will change their mind!
Did you hear? IKEA reissued the popular Frosta stool, available again in the U.S. starting February 1st. Which means it’s time to resurrect our favorite hacks and paint jobs for this beloved and now-classic piece of budget-friendly furniture. While the new versions will be in pastel instead of plain birch, there’s still plenty of work to do to make them your own. Here’s inspiration and some ideas from over the years….
- A starry-eyed surprise from Home Story.
- Felt and stitches from 101 Woonideeen.
- Can you guess what Brain Pop used as the top material?
- HGTV went with the dip-dyed trend.
- Loved the cross stitch approach from This Little Street.
- Pacman from Michael Thuden!
- A simple white cross pattern from Trendenser.
- Andreas Bhend made both vertical wall storage and a free-standing version as well.
- We highlighted this felt stool from Light Blue Grey just last month.
- Blue and white padded tops from Wunderweib.
- This crocheted stool is technically a Maurius stool, but it’s too great not to share for the Frosta as well.
- IKEA shows you several ways to alter the look, including distressed, stenciled, and padded with knotted fabric.
- These three ideas showed up in Listro Magazine, one of which is from Nicest Things.
- The ultimate bicycle hack from designer Samuel Bernier.
- Julia crafted these black geometric designs.
- The Happy Home went more detailed with its paint job, via This Little Street.
Do you plan on running out and getting your hot little hands on a new Frosta?