Maegan Tintari Location: Los Angeles, CA Size: 12’ x 13’ Years lived in: 1 ½ Maegan's home office started off like many rooms designated for work use: it was thrown together. Back in January 2010, the style+design blogger and her husband moved into a new house, designating a spare room for double duty as both a home office and dressing room. In time, the space was furnished with an array of vintage, salvaged, and IKEA-sourced items, equal parts committed for her work life, the other revolving around storage and display of her wardrobe. The danger of any double duty space is a noncommittal room, becoming neither "here" nor "there". But Maegan kept focus and formulated what eventually resulted in a modern, confident, and very feminine home office with storage incorporated into the decor, fit for a design blogger with a mind for design.
nuLOOM zebra rug. Best advice about organizing or incorporating tech into the home: What I love most about the way my desk is set up with the Expedit bookcase is that I don’t see any tech cords EVER! And I love that. I used to have a jumble of wires and dust bunnies under my desk which drove me nuts! But everything is hidden away neatly within the cubbies. Dream source for stuff: My Grandma! And IKEA!
- IKEA desk for Expedit
- 2 Inserts with doors
- 3 Inserts with drawers
- 3 short IKEA dressers: I don’t think they make these anymore as I bought them in 2004 for a different purpose but here is the closest I could find.
- 2 five drawer narrow dressers with plastic translucent fronts from IKEA and also purchased in 2004 for closet use only. I renovated them from boring birch to unique fabulous!
- Antique secretary’s desk hand-painted by my grandpa in the 60’s
- Window seat storage/bench I found by the dumpster
- Panton chair
- Herman Miller Aeron Task Chair
- Pink faux crocodile studded ottoman
Photos by Maegan Tintari