Name: Maryam and Max
Location: Beachwood Canyon - Los Angeles, California
Size: 1,900 square feet
Years lived in: 10 years
Living in the Hollywood Hills with an unobstructed city view is one of the ultimate LA fantasies. Maryam and Max's home is beautifully designed with modern furniture and a collection of Maryam's pottery scattered throughout the house. My favorite room is definitely the sitting room, where they often enjoy breakfast while taking in the view.
Maryam and Max love to entertain guests - the only problem: those guests never want to leave! As we were taking the last few detail photos of their home, Maryam offered to make lunch. We all sat together in the living room enjoying the most delicious salad I have had in a long time. Between the food, comfortable furniture, and incredible Los Angeles view, I too was perfectly happy to stay put!
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: We've jumped all over- 50's, 60's, Danish, Persian, African...
Inspiration: Anything that makes us feel cozy and comfy.
Favorite Element: The view and the airiness.
Biggest Challenge: Keeping the view, but not the heat & the sun.
What Friends Say: Can we move in?
Biggest Embarrassment: Our landscape - we've tried and tried but nothing ever grows in our soil, so we pretend it doesn't exist … not to mention the hardscape!!
Proudest DIY: I recently fell in love with pottery, thus I've been making little planters for my succulents. Planning to bring the garden inside!
Biggest Indulgence: My plants.
Best Advice: Don't take shortcuts when remodeling and stay away from trendy things.
Dream Source: Flea markets, Craigslist and shops with lots of cool old objects.
Resources of Note:
- Frig: General Electric
- Stove: Thermador
- Oven: Décor
- Cabinets: Desart Imports
- Sofa: Orange
- Yellow chairs: Pop chair - Ligne Roset
- Raw wood coffee table: 7th & Seventh Designs by John Cortese
- Large coffee table: Shelter
- Credenza: Ebay
- TV cabinet, bookshelf, side tables and the display cabinet was designed by Mina Javid and Maryam Riazi
Just the usual stuff from Expo
Most of the accessories were bought while traveling
- Dunn Edwards, Swiss Coffee
- Walnut wood flooring
- Tiles in the kitchen and bathroom: Desart Imports
TILES & STONE
RUGS & CARPET
- Living Room rug from Morocco
- Brown shag-rug - Lester Carpet
- Sheerweave from Aero Shade
- Ikea Curtains
- Paintings: Rene Norman, Mina Riazi, Know Hope, Tanja Rector
- Photography: Mina Javid, Laila Riazi, Christopher Hernandez
- Paintings: Samantha Cotterill
- Ceramics: Adam Silverman, Maryam Riazi and flea market
- Interior Design: Mina Javid and Maryam Riazi
- California Cactus Center for my succulent collection - a must see place!!
Thanks Maryam & Max!
Images: Bethany Nauert
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.