Coral can be defined as a reddish yellow, pinkish yellow or a light yellowish red. It's similar in shade to salmon and tangerine, with the former having a stronger pink undertone and the latter, a stronger orange. Coral is often associated with colors suited for a Caribbean beach house or tropical decor, but with the variety of tones, this bold yet warm color is quite easy to pull off in many spaces. And given that Tangerine Tango was Pantone's color of the year for 2012, shades from this spectrum are popping up everywhere.
1. A glam gold & coral bathroom from Irene and Evan's Welcoming Whimsy House Tour
2. A first-floor powder room injects a little bit of whimsy with Brooklyn-themed toile wallpaper in a Ditmas Park Renovation, via The Sweeten.
3. This bathroom, from Better Homes & Garden, pairs coral with black and white.
4. Here's a funky and fun modern bathroom in Austin, via Houzz.
5. Coral bathrooms read well at the beach, like this one on Cape Cod via Houzz.
PAINT COLORS TO GET THIS LOOK:
1. Valspar Island Orange 2010-2
2. Glidden Martha Stewart Living Punch
3. Sherwin Williams Coral Reef 6606
4. Benjamin Moore Coral Gables 2010-40
5. Sherwin Williams Ardent Coral 6874
6. Behr Juicy Passionfruit
7. Benjamin Moore Fresno 020
8. Glidden Martha Stewart Living Persimmon
9. Benjamin Moore Tuscan Coral
10. American Paint Company Coral Reef
(Images: As linked above.)