Paper towels - so useful, yet so UNgreen for the most part.
We cut up some very old white bath towels into paper towel size sheets and have been happily using them instead of paper for most jobs, although we still keep some paper towels on hand for when we really feel like we need them.
So we decided to search and see what we could come up with as good alternatives...
- Ecolab Reusuable Foodservice Towels - 25 for $6.99
- Newspaper (for glass) - free
- Cloth diapers - $1.00
- Pop-up Sponges - 12 for $14 (also available at Trader Joes)
- Handi Wipes - 6 for $2.49
- Mystic Made Microfiber cleaning cloths - $11.95
- Bar Mops - $7-18/set
- Old T-shirts, towels and washcloths - free
Let us know your ideas in the comments below...
(Re-Edited from 2007-7-3 - CB)