Surprisingly, most of the things I tried worked fairly well, to similar results, but none of them kept fingerprint marks away for too long. I had to clean my appliances regularly — about once a week %mdash; but if you clean on a regular basis, getting rid of fingerprints from your appliances should not take more than a few minutes.
Here are some tips to keeping your appliances free of fingerprint smudges:
- Clean with mild soap and water, using a soft cloth.
- Clean with white vinegar and a damp soft cloth.
- Clean with soda water.
- Polish with a clean soft cloth and a dab of olive oil or baby oil.
- Polish with a clean soft cloth and lemon juice.
- After cleaning with mild soap and water, polish with a sheepskin cloth.
- After cleaning with mild soap and water, use furniture polish—wipes are the most convenient.
- Clean with Windex or other streak free glass cleaner.
Do you have any more tips? What do you do to keep your stainless steel appliances in tip-top shape?
Image: Heejin Hwang