Living well in close quarters requires, among other things, efficient furniture placement. These studios, one-bedroom apartments, and one house show how you can make your home's spatial quirks and shortcomings work in your favor.
Studio apartments offer the obvious challenge of making one space function as several. In slightly larger apartments, the living room often works overtime as an office area, dining room, and entryway. And even in a house, when you've got multiple residents, designated space can be hard to come by. Take a look at these tours for great ideas for multipurpose rooms that work.
6. Kim's Personalized Mount Pleasant Flat
7. Suzi's European Country Style Condo
8. Ryan's Georgetown Vintage Americana
9. Elodie's Fun & Feminine Studio
10. Kyle & Erin's U Street One Bedroom with a View
(Images: as credited above)