budget sources for a wide selection of drapes under $50...
- Wild Things: This online-only store carries a huge selection of beaded and fabric curtains, most around $30 to $50. They tend toward glitz, but their inventory includes more basic sheers and panels. They're also a great resource for beaded chandeliers and bed canopies.
- Cost Plus World Market: Their basic white sheers have been listed before on Apartment Therapy as a go-to product that costs around $25. They also have a good selection of colored drapes.
- IKEA: Always a great resource for inexpensive home goods, IKEA's best buys include plain Merete grommet curtains ($40), Diginet hanging hardware ($5), and sheer Stockholm curtains ($30).
- Urban Outfitters: If you're looking for trendy, colorful curtains, this is the place. Fabric panels run around $30 - $50.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond: This staple for linens has a ginormous inventory of curtains ranging from $15 into the low hundreds. We've had hit-or-miss experiences in the store (many of the designs they offer tend to seem overly fussy to us), but the selection is so big that it's worth combing through.
- DIY: If you want custom curtains, but you don't have a lot to spend, you can always make your own. For how-to's, click here, here, here and here.