At the risk of sounding creepy, I am enamored with Steve and Stacey and their amazing style. Not only do they both have cool jobs, theyalso live in this fabulously decorated vintage apartment. Plus, Stacey is a DIY Queen — a girl after my own heart! What is not to love?!
Steve is a DJ and the man behind The Hood Internet. Stacey is a burgeoning designer with a newly opened etsy shop, Floor 34, where she has begun selling the gorgeous pendant lighting you see in this house tour. Together the couple have brought together all of their creative energy to outfit their home in great style.
One of the things I most appreciate about this home is how extensively it was DIYed to achieve its vintage-inspired modern look. Stacey can turn just about any discarded item into a gorgeous new piece. Just look at that TV credenza — a Craigslist find that was upgraded by applying paper to the front. Much of the furniture has been modified a in similar fashion. Stacey also made most of the art and light fixtures in the apartment. When it's all brought together, the home is not only aesthetically pleasing, it's also a true representation of the couple's lives and interests.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: Vintage-inspired modern, with a sense of humor.
Inspiration: Anything that reflects a sense of great design, well-conceived style and personality.
Favorite Element: Knowing that every piece in our home has a story. We've made it a point to use what we have in creative ways. By designing a room around our album and poster collection, or refinishing second-hand finds, piece by piece we've created a home that is an honest reflection of our personalities, interests and abilities.
Biggest Challenge: Keeping the plants watered and alive.
What Friends Say: We can tell that you two live here.
Biggest Embarrassment: Our Atari 2600 of a television.
Proudest DIY: Since 97% of the apartment is DIY, we'll keep this simple and go with D). All of the above.
Biggest Indulgence: Orla Kiely's Flower Blossom Wallpaper.
Best Advice: If it makes you happy, then it works.
Dream Sources: Post 27, Salvage One, Scout, DWR, Broadway Antique Mall
Resources of Note:
PAINT & COLORS
- • Living Room: Behr Chocolate Froth
• Music Room: Behr Lucky Bamboo
• Dining Room: Behr Sparkling Spring
• Kitchen: Glidden Brocade Cream
• Bedroom: Benjamin Moore Sterling Silver
• Office: Benjamin Moore Electric Orange
- • Wallpaper: Orla Kiely.
• Credenza: Craigslist find modified with Publique Living paper.
• Quote wall art: DIY
- • 'On The Air' sign: Live Bait Theater
• Chevron wall art: DIY
• Vintage Cassette canvas art: Handmade Galleries LA
- • Wall art, lampshade and pendant light fixture: DIY
- • Jane Fonda Mugshot Canvas: DIY with help from Steve Walters of Chicago's Screwball Press
• Cabinet: Modified Craigslist find
- • Pixel Wall Art: DIY
• Harrison Ford bust: Craigslist find, modified with gold spray paint
Thanks, Steve & Stacey!
Images: Jason Loper
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.