I recently bought a new sofa and it felt like I was buying a car. It's such a big decision; both in terms of cost and how long you'll likely live with it. New sofa styles for 2014 are harkening back to classic themes - a Scandinavian take on mid-century, natural wood legs, colorful upholstery, tufted details and retro silhouettes. Let's take a look at some of the sofa designs that are sure to please through this year and many more to come...
Colorful Structured Upholstery: Cushy comfort is being sacrificed for structured style and color choices include retro shades of blue and green adorning mid-century inspired designs.
- Archie Sofa from West Elm
- Club Spray Sofa from CB2
- Stockholm Sofa in Sandbacka Green from IKEA
- Rue Bayous Sofa from CB2
- Pennie Sofa from Crate and Barrel
Button Detailing: Button tufted styling on sofas is a timeless classic that won't feel dated
- Chesterfield Upholstered Sofa from Pottery Barn
- Gustav Sofa from Jayson Home & Garden
- Sabine Sofa from Room and Board
- Chester Sofa from DwellStudio
- Winthrop Sofa from Jonathan Adler
Grey: Still going strong for practical purposes, but now with a twist such as colored buttons or a unique retro shape
- Ditto Grey Sofa from CB2
- Martine Settee from DwellStudio
- Richie Sofa from Made.com
- Theodore Sofa from Z Gallerie
- Mayor Sofa designed by Arne Jacobsen for &Tradition
Which of these trends do you like best?