As much as you might like to show off your stylish home, you don't want uncovered windows to invite prying eyes. You also don't want to spend a small fortune creating that privacy, so consider these 10 sources for affordable curtains, blinds, and shades.
1. Overstock.com: This site is one of my go-to resources for window coverings. I can't speak to their curtains, but I've been happy with the price and look of the bamboo roman shades I bought for my last apartment and current home.
3. Bed Bath & Beyond: Sure, there are some outdated swags in there, but there are good deals on a wide selection of drapes and sheers, including blackout and thermal options.
4. Country Curtains: While some of the offerings read a bit too, well, country, there are several simple options that would fit a variety of styles. Thess pompom fringe curtains are reasonably priced and, from reviews, seem to keep buyers happy for years.
5. Home Depot: These purveyors of paint, nails, and lumber also sell affordable blinds, roman and roller shades, and curtains.
7. IKEA: But you knew that. More specifically, the AINA style comes in at $49.99 for a pair of 100-percent linen curtains, and the ENJE roller blinds are popular with bloggers like Anna of Door Sixteen.
8. World Market: This retailer has lots of colorful cotton options for curtains that consistently get positive reviews.