You spend about one-third of your life in bed, so it's an important place to invest in clean, healthy, and beautiful products! These 10 makers of certified organic bedding offer a range of designs to suit every taste and budget.
- Coyuchi: This Northern California company makes organic cotton bedding inspired by the natural world. Grown and processed in India, their cotton is certified organic by the Control Union Certifiers of the Netherlands, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), and ECOCERT of France; and Fair Trade certified by FLO-CERT of Germany and ECOCERT of France. They also use low-impact dyes.
- Plover Organic: Plover's colorful textiles are made from GOTS certified organic cotton and dyeing methods that conform to the Organic Trade Association's American Organic Fiber Processing Standards (AOFPS) and the Oeko-Tex Standard 100. The company also practices Fair Labor manufacturing in accordance with Social Accountability International's (SAI) SA8000 standard.
- LOOP: Sustainability is the core value at LOOP, which aims "to educate the public on the ill-effects of conventional cotton growing, to help encourage the organic-choice, and to deliver products that will be enjoyed and cherished everyday." The company's textiles are GOTS certified, made without harsh chemicals, and are sweatshop free.
- Pure Rest: Committed to "organic purity," Pure Rest displays the actual scans of all of its organic certifications on its website. The company's cotton sheets "exceed" GOTS standards, are SKAL certified organic (Netherlands), and made with fair trade certified labor. Its comforters are filled with certified organic wool.
- Amenity: Founded by two graphic designers, Amenity marries nature and modern design, taking "a thoughtful and minimal approach to our production, leaving the lightest possible footprint." The company's bedding is made with GOTS certified organic cotton and eco-friendly dyes.
- Boll and Branch: Their bedding is not only 100% certified organic, but their goods, made in India, are certified by Fair Trade to ensure the makers are paid and treated well. Additionally, a portion of every purchase is used to fight human trafficking.
- Anna Sova: Anna Sova's luxurious bedding designs are all organic. The cotton sheets and duvet covers are made from SKAL certified organic cotton. Natural silk duvet covers are produced using fair labor practices and SKAL approved dyes and are free from chemical bleaches, azo or heavy metal dyes, and formaldehyde or silicone sizing.
- Portico: Available at Bed Bath and Beyond stores and on Amazon, Portico's bedding is made from GOTS and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified organic cotton, inks, and dyes. It is also free of chlorine bleach, heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, and genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- CB2: CB2's sheets are made from GOTS certified organic cotton, inks, and dyes. Read our review here; we are happy to report that we remain as smitten as we were eight months ago.
- West Elm: Some, but not all, of West Elm's organic sheets, duvet covers, and blankets are labeled as GOTS certified. Certain bedding items are also non-dyed or made with environmentally-safe dyes that contain no harmful metals.
ATVideo of the Day