It's hard to find a bathroom vanity that doesn't scream "bathroom vanity". Vanity is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, after all. We are redoing our bathroom and I really want a pedestal sink but it just isn't practical for a bathroom shared by four people. But it's hard to find a vanity that doesn't look cheap and cheesy-- or completely space-age (though I do love many of those; they're just not going to work in my particular bathroom).
Shopping retail for bathroom furniture (online and in showrooms) isn't easy. It seems like the same handful of brands are available everywhere. Moreover, I suspect that certain core manufacturers are selling the same product under multiple brands (I swear there are 42 different versions of the Restoration Hardware Hutton vanity!)
When we hire the contractor I imagine he will be able to expand my options, including options available only to the trade. And he will assess the possibility that we simply replace the countertop and hardware on the existing vanity while refinishing the cabinet drawers. And then there are all the custom options, which put together all the different pieces of a vanity, from countertop to faucet. I wonder if having a custom-made vanity through a general contractor would actually be cheaper than buying a ready-made product?
But for now, here are some decent vanities I have found online and in showrooms. Some are very expensive and gorgeous (sigh). Others are quite cheap. Most shown are in white because I think it is the most classic and adaptable color. But many of these models come in different colors and materials so it is worth clicking through the links.
Have you gone through the vanity-shopping process? Did you find one "off-the-rack"? Did you feel the quality was reflected in the price? Or did your contractor create a custom one from various components (countertop, base, sink, hardware)?
1. Legion from Waterworks, $3,315. Available in white, red and other colors. Constructed of mahogany/maple veneer with 5-ply construction of poplar core.
2. Vir Stil by Laura Karar for Kallista, $4,560 (not including top, legs, etc).
3. Barros high gloss vanity from List Vanities, $2,719.
4. Design Element London vanity from List Vanities, $1,296.
5. Take One vanity from Waterfall.
6. Nameeks Set NG3 vanity from Fixture Universe, $2,299.
7. Vigo Ethereal petite vanity from List Vanities, $756.
8. Andesite from Modern Bathroom, $599.
9. Godmorgan vanity from IKEA, $559 (many colors available).
10. Manhattan vanity by Xylem.
11. Vanity from Duravit's X-Large series.
12. Hutton single vanity from Restoration Hardware, $2,195.
13. Parsons vanity from Home Decorators, $208.99
14. Vigo Bianca 23 inch vanity from Home Depot, $731.
15. American Classics standard vanity at Home Depot, $219.
16. Allen + Roth White Windelton vanity from Lowe's, $339.
17. Godmorgan/Odensvik from IKEA, $309.
18. Style Selections vanity from Lowe's, $199.
19. Duravit 2nd Floor series wall-mounted vanity. Many other options available with this series. Home and Stone, $962.
20. Carole Kitchen and Bath Design. //www.kitchenpeople.com
Sources: As linked above.