With all of the recent focus on gardening here on Apartment Therapy, it can be easy to feel left out if you are, like many city dwellers, without any real outdoor space. Enter the vertical garden, perfect for the balcony or fire escape with the smallest of footprints.
1. Framed Tillandsia garden by landscape architect Josh Rosen via Flora Grub Gardens.
2. Vertical Garden DIY from the Cb2 blog.
3. Ivy and white containers on shelves prove that simple is sometimes better. From Lushe.
4. Sleek city planters by Potted from $198.
5. Succulents are used to dress up concrete stairs in this image from Flickr user jssz, licensed under Creative Commons.
(Images: as linked above)