Hex tile, clawfoot tubs, porcelain pedestal sinks. These are few of the elements that make up our idea of a "classic" bathroom—the kind you might find in a pre-war apartment or a New England farmhouse.
The nice thing about a classic bathroom is that it's not going to go out of style anytime soon. Materials like subway tile and marble counters are long-lasting and tend to survive the cycle of trends.
If you're looking for a way to add some kick to a timeless space, try brightly painted accent walls, a splash of wallpaper, or a few trendy accessories. A little goes along way. To inspire you, we've rounded up some of our favorite examples from Apartment Therapy house tours. Click through the links below to see the whole house.
• 1 Jenika and Robert's 1944 Bungalow Renovation
• 2 Allison and Steve's Bethesda Masterpiece
• 3 Stefanie & Luke's Brooklyn Limestone
• 4 Blythe's Urban Gypsy Inspired Abode
• 5 Joanna and Dave's Arizona Dream Home
• 1 Hunter's First Home
• 2 Nellie's New Old Home
• 3 Isabella and Jay Take on Inwood
• 4 Stephen and Todd's Fantastic Mr. Farmhouse
• 5 Martha and Ben's Southern Mix
Photos: Jenika Kurtz, Leah Moss, Annie Werbler, Jess Watson, John Woodcock, Eric Cantrelle of Xdesign, Inc., Jill Slater, Stephen Ellwood, Sarah Coffey