You might already use your email or notes apps on your smartphone to keep track of little everyday reminders. But your camera app and photo album can be just as useful as a memory aid.
Here are a few things that can easily be remembered with a quick snap of your camera phone's shutter button:
• A reminder of where you parked. Parking in the city is no joke.
• Your printer cartridges. Make sure you can see the refill numbers.
• Your family members' clothing sizes.
• The measurements of your air filter.
• Travel confirmation numbers. Take a screenshot of the email your airline sends you. When you check in later and need to find confirmation numbers, your photo album will be less cluttered than your inbox.
• Pictures of current medications. Make sure you can see the prescriptions' names and dosages in the photo.
• The types of lightbulbs that fit your home fixtures.
• A recipe from a book or magazine that you want to use soon.
• Anything "borrowed" that you might want to buy later, like the brand of a smooth-writing pen at the bank or a great-smelling hotel shampoo.
• Expensive home furnishings you just know you can DIY at home. Get shots of all the important angles for when you're ready to DIY.
Do you have any other suggestions? We're sure you smart folks can think of plenty more ideas for photo reminders to leave stored on your smartphone. Please leave a comment and share it with everyone!
MORE ON REMINDERS AND AIDS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• How to: Remember Where You Park
• 5 Handy Numbers and Measures to Store in Your Phone
• Top 10 Ways to Remember Your Resuable Tote
• How to Remember if You've Turned the Stove Off
Re-edited from a post originally published 5.2.12 - JL