Name: Annah Zafrani - SVP Media Promotions, Universal Pictures & Co-owner of Loren Stewart, and Benny Zafrani - Owner of Honeydew Intimates
Location: Valley Village — Los Angeles, California
Size: 2,500 square feet
Years lived in: 11 years
When Annah and Benny decided to start a family, they also decided to move to the Valley into a family-friendly neighborhood. They found a new home with a great floor plan with a logical flow, located on a quiet tree lined street. Annah was excited that the house needed some work, and she could make it her project. Adding the pool and cabana in the backyard was just one of her many additions.
It is hard to believe that two boys also live in the house. Annah and Benny have managed to keep the home very organized and maintain a sense of order, while still fostering a sense of family and play. Mixed in with design magazines and books in the den are photo books for every year since their kids were born. The boys love to take them out and look at the family memories from past years. The den is also where the kids like to sit and watch cartoons. It's a beautiful, sophisticated home that's perfect for this little family.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: Our style is constantly evolving. If I had to say, it would probably be classic with touches of modern glamour. Although, I am currently interested in the modern barn look.
Inspiration: The Inspiration for my home always starts with color. I love grey and gold, so I usually build rooms around an element that embodies that palette. I also love to look at Elle Décor magazines from the last decade. I save them all.
Favorite Element: Favorite element has to be my backyard retreat. I step outside and feel like I’m at a resort.
Biggest Challenge: Biggest Challenge in designing my home was finding a way to make my living room feel special and elegant, but still functional and a place that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
What Friends Say: Do kids live here?
Biggest Embarrassment: Biggest embarrassment in my home is my alphabetical, overly organized pantry.
Proudest DIY: The majority of the pieces in my home are semi DIY, but my favorite is probably my outdoor Carrera marble dining table. It feels sophisticated but with aged and elegant wearing.
Biggest Indulgence: Biggest Indulgence with respect to my house is most definitely my grasscloth wallpaper. I chose a rich charcoal grey from Walnut Wallpaper.
Best Advice: Don’t overthink paint color. A room always needs a few pieces with a bit of an aged look, so the space doesn’t look like a store's showroom.
Resources of Note:
PAINT & COLORS
- Master bedroom - Farrow&Ball Mouse's Back
- Master bathroom - Farrow&Ball Tanners Brown
- Den - Walnut Wallpaper - Charcoal grey grasscloth
- Entry - Benjamin Moore Richmond Gold
- Living room - Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter with Swiss Coffee trim
- Dining room - Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal
- Kid's bedroom - Benjamin Moore Oregano
- Kid's bathroom - Farrow&Ball Lamp Room Grey
- Kid's bedroom - Benjamin Moore Hearthstone
- Two deco chairs are covered in Diamond Foam and Fabric on La Brea
- Nude art is Jenna Snyder-Phillips
- Striped rug - Ikea
- Table is a Saarinen table
- Hardware is from Restoration Hardware
- Lamps were found on eBay
- TV stand is custom made
- Dresser is Restoration Hardware
- Fabric is all from Restoration Hardware
Thanks, Annah & Benny!
(Images: Marcia Prentice)
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
*Tour previously published