The thought of applying wallpaper to smooth and clean walls used to make one shudder. After all, the wallpaper of yesteryear was quite permanent. Here in the 21st century, there's a lot of removable wallpaper on the market - so whether you have a short attention span or you're in a rental, you can still get in on the fun.
• Timothy Sue is designed by Colette Clark, a San Francisco artist, designer and classically trained clarinetist. The wallpapers offered are printed on polyester fabric material with removable and repositional adhesive backing.
• Swag Paper offers removable wallpaper that's pre-cut, making installation even easier. Specify the height of your wall when ordering and Swag cuts the 25" wide panels for you.
• Tempaper has an extensive collection of removable wallpapers, from metallic to houndstooth and everything in between.
• The Wall Sticker Company offers a nice line of removable wallpaper — but if you're not ready to make the leap to covering an entire wall, you can choose smaller stickers.
• Wall Candy Arts carries vinyl wallpaper sheets that are made in the USA. Fans of the colorful and whimsical will be really like their offerings.
• Spoonflower, a favorite resource for designing your own fabric, has branched out. Now you can upload your own design to be printed on PVC-free paper, durable and eco-friendly wallpaper.
• Blik carries an extensive collection of both wall graphics and wallpaper.
• Easywallz specializes in removable wall murals. Upload your own image or choose from their wide selection, which includes cityscapes, florals and more.
• Murals Your Way offers a line or removable and re-usable wallpaper.
• Dormco has a great solution for those who want tempary color but not pattern on their walls. Their peel and stick paintable wallpaper lets you bring some color to the room and then peel it off when you're ready to move.
(Image: Timothy Sue)