Tracy, her husband and their son Harrison live in Seattle and she told us about this terrific project:
We live in a small townhouse with a rather small shared driveway making it almost impossible to park in our driveway. Rather than letting that valuable garage space go to waste, I turned it into both a storage and playroom for our son and the occasional friend or neighbor coming over to play.
I wanted the space to bright and colorful without having those normal primary colors for the playroom toys, furniture, and walls. It is designed to be a daycare like space with a daily activity calendar, cubbies for friend's things, and a diaper changing station to avoid having to trek up to the third floor for diaper changes.
In terms of renovations, we added a sink with cabinets, created a half wall to separate our storage space and water heater, and installed a wall heater.
Paint (all Benjamin Moore):
• Stripes: Olive Moss 2147-20, Gray Shower 2125-30 and True Blue 2066-50
• Below chair rail: Twilight 2058-10
• Toy shelves: Ikea
• Cabinets and Sink: Ikea
• Wall heater: Home Depot
• Kids table and chairs: Home Depot
• Cubby/lockers: DIY
• Play kitchen: DIY (re-purposed bedside table from Goodwill)
• Dollhouse: Craigslist (wallpapered walls with scrapbooking paper and did floors with contact paper)
• Reading nook canopy: Ikea
• Book baskets: Fred Meyer kitchen storage department
• Carpet Tiles: Free samples from interior design company
Fantastic job - thanks Tracy!
(Images Tracy H.)