Here at Apartment Therapy, we can't get enough of Before & Afters
… it's always exciting to see something salvaged from the garbage become something lovely and shiny and useful. We salute all you DIYers out there, but we have to say we're especially impressed with the people who are able to see special potential in a piece — and turn it into something totally different and totally useful. From a dresser turned TV stand to a tire made into an ottoman, here are some of our favorite dramatic transformations of 2012.
1. Before & After: Sad TV Cart Turned Pretty Bedside Table
2. Before & After: Box Spring Chair & Table
3. Cookie Tin Turned into Steampunk Ceiling Fan
4. Before & After: From Tired Tire to Awesome Ottoman
5. Before & After: From Stump to Seriously Awesome Side Table
6. Turn a Thrifted Lamp into a Marvelous Mirror
7. Before & After: Thrifted Microwave Cart Turned Bar Cart
8. Before & After: Repurposing a Garage Sale Dresser
9. Before & After: Salvaged Stool to Colorful Plant Stand
10. Before & After: Old Dresser Becomes a Garden of Succulents
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)