The TV room? That's a cinch. The office? Easy as pie. You want to know where we're really
struggling to wrangle our wires? It's the bathroom. There's no TV stand to hide them behind. No under-desk clips to install. Your hair dryer, curling iron or beard razor—and their wires—either have to be out in full cord-spaghetti display or banished to the depths of your drawer to meet their tangled fate. Right? Wrong. Here's a bunch of other ways to keep bathroom cords tidy.
Bathroom appliances are a necessary evil for most of us. But it's impossible to keep your bathroom looking tidy when your electric razor storage solution is "leave it draped across the counter."
Instead, go for one of these storage and cord control solutions. Ranging in price from $40 all-in-one units to DIY projects that are nearly free, you'll find something to suit your bathroom tech style.
- The Styling Station (Price TBD, HSN.com), winner of "Homemade Millionaire"
- Taymor Round Hair Dryer Holder ($9.99, Amazon.com)
- A DIY solution from ThatWifeBlog.com using an AppleCore ($1.99-$4.99) and an IKEA vase
- Curling iron and hair dryer stowaway ($39.95, Amazon.com), installed behind your bathroom cabinet's false front around the base of your sink basin.
- A DIY solution from FamilyHandyman.com featuring cabinet-door-mounted lengths of PVC pipe
- Hair dryer holder with suction cups and plug grip ($17.49, Amazon.com)
- Over cabinet curling iron/hair dryer caddy with built-in wire management ($14.99, HSN.com)
- Kayline Dryer & 3-irons Pedestal With Electric Outlet ($36.99, Amazon.com)
- A DIY using toilet paper tubes to wrangle tangle-prone cords
- A DIY using two BAREN wall pegs ($3.99 for two, Ikea.com) to wall-mount an electric razor.