Name: Dena Fields and Punkin the English Bulldog
Location: East Nashville; Nashville, TN
Size: 570 square feet
Years lived in: 1 year; Rented
Dena’s home is her retreat, her sanctuary. It is filled with items that nourish her mind and spirit. From her vibrant paintings to her collected items, everything has a story. A story of family, travel, and friendship.
The duplex Dena lives in has beautiful hardwood floors and thick plaster walls. These walls are decorated with Dena’s colorful and thought provoking paintings. From bulldogs, to Jesus, to her father, each painting is a personal reflection of who she is. The home is a collection of art, inherited items, and budget finds that mix and meld comfortably. It is at once tranquil and energetic. Much like its occupant.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Eclectic/Nostalgic. I like calming with a pop of color. I love adding cameras from my grandad and tins from my grandmother.
Inspiration: What feeds my spirit, sparks creativity, and gets me thinking.
Favorite Element: I love my bookshelf. I also love checking out other peoples books. It speaks "volumes" about people. I like my books as an art piece with nostalgic pieces mixed in.
Biggest Challenge: Storage!
What Friends Say: There is always something to look at It's definitely quirky and creative but with a chill spiritual view.
Biggest Embarrassment: I have too much stuff.
Proudest DIY: All artwork is by me.
Resources of Note:
PAINT & COLORS
- Sherwin Williams Manual Breathtaking and Swimming
- Down sofa from a friend
- Shell mobile from Hawaii (a friend brought back as a gift)
- Desk, estate sale
- Sewing chair, estate sale
- Farm table, Target
- Coffee Shelf, Grandfather
- Hoosier Cabinet, Estate sale
- Nightstand, Goodwill
- Lamp, Target (I painted it orange)
- Chest of drawers, a friend's grandmother
- Comforter, TJMaxx
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!