Emily Henson, a prop stylist and interior decorator, first debuted their home when she entered the Small Cool Contest. Showing off bright colors and clean white lines, this small but decorative home features plenty of DIY goodness and a lot of love.
- • Green mirror – Revival Furniture, 181 N Avenue. 21, LA
• Red Chinese armoire with butterflies – bought in Seoul when we lived there, but it’s from China. I wouldn’t necessarily choose it if I bought it now, but it is sort of sentimental since it was a big purchase for us when we didn’t have much money.
• Square mirror with round wood pieces – Anthropologie sale.
- • Paint: Olympic (Lowe’s) in Moonshadow.
• Floor paint – “Break-through” brand tinted with Benjamin Moore silver half dollar
• Large mirror – Revival Furniture, LA
• Green sofa – Urban Outfitters via craigslist.
• Blue/grey mid-century style sofa – Urban Outfitters, given to us by a friend.
• Vintage glass lamp bases – Melrose Trading Post
• Blue/pink lampshades – Urban Outfitters sale.
• White coffee table – Goodwill.
• Red console below TV – Ikea.
• White wrought iron lamps – St Vincent de Paul thrift store, LA.
• Blue kimono lampshades – Urban Outfitters sale.
• Curtains – Ikea, I didn’t hem them yet.
Art – mostly by my brother, Duncan Simpson.
• Kitchen chairs – Ikea, but I found them at a thrift store for $15 each.
• Vintage stove – Craigslist
• Barstools – found on side of the road. Made fabric covers for the seats.
• Floor tiles – Linoleum City, LA.
• Red chandelier – originally brass with plastic pieces hanging. From St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop, sprayed red, hung with handmade fabric garland.
- • Bedding – Ikea, Target, large floral pillows made from fabric
• Chest of drawers – Ikea, repainted and knobs changed.
• Lampshades – original fabric removed and strips of fabric wrapped around frame –made by me.
• Chest of drawers – Ikea, repainted and knobs changed
Art – mostly Duncan Simpson
- • Tree – I painted it so I had a place to put the birdhouses that I made for a display at Anthropologie when I used to work there.
• Bed – Ikea
• Curtains – made from Ikea fabric
• All other bedding – made by me.
- • Bunk bed – made by my husband when my kids shared a room.
• Bedding made from an Urban Outfitters tapestry
• Floors – Linoleum City
- • Tub – mini 4’ claw-foot bought on craigslist
• Sink – Habitat for Humanity ReStore
• Cabinet – old built-in given by a friend
• Paint on bead-board – Behr paint plus primer in grape creme
OFFICE (converted garage)
- • Desk made from pink and yellow file cabinets from St Vincent de Paul and a wood/glass top
• Sofa – Urban Outfitters
• Office chair – found in an alley in Pasadena
- • 10’ long table – Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Pasadena
Bethany Nauert • HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here • Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form. • Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.