A window niche is design feature many would welcome. While this naturally lit offshoot of a room appears dreamy and wonderful, it can also be difficult to furnish. Finding a balance between maintaining functionality of the space while also integrating it into the rest of the room can be quite a challenge.Here in San Francisco, Victorians with bay windows can be found at every corner. Living in a small one bedroom that features a bay window niche, I'm constantly brainstorming and experimenting with ways to let this lovely little space shine. How do you allow it to flow with the rest of the room, while truly taking advantage of this extra bit of valuable square footage?
Here are some visuals to help get those creative juices flowing.
1. Susan's Adventure for the Senses House Tour
2. Molly's Coloring Book Modern Apartment House Tour
3. Krystal's San Francisco Studio House Tour
4. Carly and Chip's Resourceful and Refined Home House Tour
5. Sara's Serene and Sophisticated Home House Tour
6. The Marion House Book
7. House and Home
8. Style at Home
9. Elle Decoration via Arkpad
10. Pippa Jameson via Pufik
(Images as credited above.)