Name: Krystal Bick
Location: Hayes Valley — San Francisco, California
Size: 400 square feet
Years lived in: 3 — rented
Krystal Bick's style blog showcases all of her designer duds and playful outfits. Her studio with attached kitchen and rather large closet reflects her fashion sense perfectly — eclectic, feminine, clean and glamorous.
Krystal's love of fashion is visible in almost every corner of the apartment. From favorite gold sparkly heels as a display piece on her bookshelf to her entryway adorned with a necklace and her coffee table showcasing beautiful fashion books. We even decided to take this shoot over the top and bring out Krystal's impressive shoe collection for the lead image (usually, the shoes are tucked away in this blogger's sumptuous closet).
On weekends, Krystal can be found scouring flea markets for vintage curios she artfully arranges around her home. She also loves flowers and splurges on a bouquet or two every week. Clearly, Krystal loves beautiful things and surrounds herself with things that bring her joy; that's a design philosophy I can get behind!
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Eclectic chic
Inspiration: I love going to flea markets and antique stores — those are the pieces that I usually design around.
Favorite Element: My closet — it's such a little haven for me.
Biggest Challenge: While I love having a corner unit and the views that come with it, the primarily cement walls make hanging anything practically a nightmare. I probably shouldn't admit this, but many of my bookshelves are precariously hanging on by a thread.
What Friends Say: Where do you fit all your shoes?!
(photographer's note: I asked "How do you walk in all your shoes?!")
Biggest Embarrassment: I'm a magazine hoarder. I have a hard time letting them go so they tend to accumulate all over the apartment. I mean, all over.
Proudest DIY: My kitchen/breakfast table. I've had it for years and finally decided to paint it white with black legs. I love how chic it looks for a fraction of what it would have cost to buy something similar new.
Biggest Indulgence: Flowers. I buy way too many flowers each week. Preferably hydrangeas or crisp, white roses. I love how it instantly adds a fresh accent to any room.
Best Advice: Don't rush anything. It's easy to get overwhelmed by wanting to decorate right away — which almost always translates into rash, impulse purchases. Admittedly, some are good. Some not so good.
Dream Sources: An unlimited budget and a week off from work to hit up all the estate sales I could find!
Resources of Note:
- • vanity mirror: Alameda Flea Market
LIVING ROOM/BED ROOM
- • couch: Urban Outfitters
• mirrored coffee table: Target
• cowhide rug: Ikea
• antlers: Alameda Flea Market
• assorted frames: thrift stores
• sitting dog sculpture: Room Service
• dress form: thrift store
• random odds and ends on bookshelves: thrift stores/flea markets
• records: Amoeba
- • breakfast table: World Market
• bar tray and supplies: thrift stores/flea market
- • assorted bathroom organizational jars: thrift stores, flea markets and Anthropologie
• Visit Krystal's Style Blog: This Time Tomorrow
Images: Leela Cyd Ross
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.