Courtney boiled this outdoor daybed project into what she calls the Five Fast Details:
Sounds simple enough, right? Thankfully Courtney has also put together a couple of excellent step-by-step tutorials that provide a wealth of additional details and photos to help you put together your own outdoor lounge area. See more: • The Apprentice Extrovert: Day Bed Tutorial...Part One • The Apprentice Extrovert: Day Bed Tutorial...Part Two (Images: Courtney/The Apprentice Extrovert)
- we built a frame to the size we wanted attaching it to our existing deck flooring as we went
- we screwed on our reclaimed hardwood to hide the frame
- we cut chipboard to fit on the top of the frame
- we attached foam to the chipboard and upholstered with an old sheet
- we made a washable, removable slipcover in our chosen fabric.