As we head into spring cleaning and organizing season, a pantry organization project might be on your to-do list. If you number among those planning to clean out the pantry and get it into working order, here are some of our favorite sources for simple, streamlined food storage.
- OXO: Their POP Containers ($99.99 for 10 pieces) have a push-button top that creates an air-tight seal and doubles as a handle. Designed to be stored on top of one another, they can be stacked in different combinations to maximize space.
- Rev-A-Shelf: They specialize in rolling, sliding, and pull-out organizers for kitchen cabinets, and their products are sold through Lowe's, Amazon.com, and other major retailers. Shown: 4 WP Pantry Series, starting at $151.10.
- Rubbermaid: They make closet/pantry organizers, wire wall-mounted shelving, and stackable food storage containers. Prices are affordable, and their products available through major big-box stores. Shown: Modular Canisters, $20 for 8 pieces.
- Container Store: They're one of the best sources for the full spectrum of pantry products, from pull-out cabinet organizers to wall-mounted Elfa shelving. Their Undershelf Baskets ($6.99 - $8.99) were favorably reviewed on the Kitchn.
- IKEA: They have a few affordable lines of simple, modern food storage, including the 365+ (tupperware-style), Celeber (ceramic and wood), and Droppar Series (shown here). Made of glass and stainless steel, Droppar jars start at $2.99.
- SaveOnCrafts: This online craft store is a good one to check for inexpensive glass jars, baskets, and storage tins when you want to buy in bulk. Shown: Mason Jars with Metal Lids, $1.50 each or $18 for a case of twelve.
- Specialty Bottle: Another online source for bottles in bulk, they carry everything from spice jars to gallon jugs. Shown: Gallon/Half Gallon Jars, starting at $2.17. (Orders must be placed in cases of four, eight, twelve, etc.)
- Williams-Sonoma: Their Swedish Wood Shelving is a freestanding solution if you don't have a closed pantry. It's a modular system, where shelves can be connected and expanded, and it starts at $29 for a stemware shelf.
- Sur La Table: In addition to lines by OXO and other brands listed here, Sur La Table carries these Kinetic Glass-Lock Storage Containers ($6.36 - $11.96), made from tempered glass with a plastic lid. The green silicone strip creates an air-tight seal when lids are locked in place.
- Organize.com: Like the Container Store, this online resource has a good selection of expandable cabinet shelves, stacking storage, and undershelf baskets, as well as pull-out organizers for low cabinets. Shown: Double Shelf Organizer, $15.
- Metro Shelving: Another freestanding solution, stainless steel Metro shelving is sturdy and available through a bunch of retailers, including 125 West, the Container Store, and Sears. Shown: Metro Commercial Pantry Shelves at the Container Store, $498.95.
Photo: 10 Piece POP Container Set, $99.99