- Location: Chicago, Il and online
- Website: cb2.com
Some people want pictures with presidents. We're actually more delighted to meet and get a picture with CB2's and Crate & Barrel's founder, Gordon Segal (below with CB2's product manager, Marta Calle) at last night's opening...
Last night we attended CB2's big opening on lower Broadway - extending the reach of Furniture Alley - and got a peek at how this Chicago hipster does Manhattan.
The store is lovely, the sense that this IS a family business is assured, but you won't find many surprises here. As with Crate & Barrel's offerings, CB2 is well made, colorful and fun, but certainly not edgy design. What stood out, however, aside from the vitalizing and zingy color, is how much of the furniture is scaled for small urban spaces. There are some great catchy solutions for small NYC apartments.
In addition, there are some mix-ins that will make life easier. FLOR tiles are featured prominently on racks in the back of the store (much better than DWR) and there are lovely prints from Marimekko to put a smile on your face. You may also enjoy the fact that the price points at CB2 are lower than Crate & Barrel up the street.
If you want to see how the whole shop works it's colors and furnishings together, don't leave the comfort of your aeron chair, simply take a tour through the shop in our
- Jeffrey & Joseph's Sophisticated Sense of Humor House Tour
- Who Has the Best Holiday Collection This Year? Style Survey
- Wardrobes & Armoires: Stylish Clothing Storage
- Melissa's Beach Town Bungalow House Tour
- Adian & Dave's Quirky Twist on a Grown-Up Home House Tour
- How Safe is the Reclaimed Wood from CB2's Darjeeling Table? Good Question
- Cozy Knits for the Home Roundup
- Gavin's Winning Woodsy NurseryNursery Tour
- Maya & Patrick's Picture-Perfect, Lived-In Home House Tour
- Inspiring Additions for Your Home
- Flexible Bedroom Staple: Daybeds
- Loveseats & Settees: Small Space Solutions
- 5 Artful Abstract Rugs
- CB2 and The Trevor Project
- Are You Feeling it? Felt Storage Boxes and Baskets
- Sneak Peek: New Novogratz Line at CB2
- 10 Sources for a Happy Modern Style
- Crowded Closet Relief: 8 Modern Wardrobes & Armoires
- CB2: Son of Crate & Barrel