- Location: New York, NY and online
- Website: pearlriver.com
A visit to Pearl River Market either in person or online is most fun when you don't have anything specific in mind because you're destined to find something unusual and unexpected.
The tableware and kitchen sections are usually our favorite and this would be a great place to look for inexpensive additions to play kitchens too.
• children's practice chopsticks ($7.50)
• insulated tiger lunch bag ($9.50)
• Kodomo animal mugs (bunny, chick, elephant, bear, $9.50)
• mini bamboo steamer ($5.50)
• animal design children's plates (whale, bunny, monkey $3.50)
• melamine 3-tier lunch box ($33.50)
• Dumpling Dynasty baking kit ($17.50)
Looking for inexpensive nursery ideas? Paper lanterns, string lights, and mobiles make a colorful addition to babies and kids' rooms. And you'll be sure to find a paper garland you love among their wide selection for baby showers and birthday parties.
They have a large selection of traditional musical instruments, these drums being the most kid-appropriate:
Pearl River is a perfect place to shop for party decorations - how about these inflatable paper animal balloons for decoration or favors?
• paper balloon animal (tiger, monkey, panda, elephant, penguin, pig, $1.95)
If you're visiting New York, Pearl River Market is a great stop to put on your list. After wandering the aisles, take a break at the Tea Bar. If you're shopping from afar, pour yourself a cup of tea and hunker down with the website - though not as extensive as the in-store selection, it still holds many treasures.