- Location: online only
- Website: uncommongoods.com
- Founded: 1999
- Founded by: David Bolotsky
- Headquarters: Sunset Park, Brooklyn, NY
A few more of our favorites:
• Salvaged wine barrel oak staves are handcrafted in Northern California to make this striking chair. All the more striking is the price: just $165.
• Another clever doormat... this one's made on a base of recycled tires. $24
• These platters are attractive and made from 100% recycled glass -- the entire bottle, in fact. We think they'd look great not only when in use, but also hanging on a kitchen wall. $15
• We've seen Tripp Gregson's work, like handbags made of cut up traffic signs, in art museum stores before. But we didn't know he made furniture, too. This stop sign table is the perfect size for bedside, and a clever repurposing, too. $90
• We liked the patina of these frames and the soft coloration, though we're more excited by the hard/soft contrast of the black and white frames also available. Once again, they're handmade in Georgia by an artist. $45 each.