New York, NY and online
New York, NY
With a portfolio highlighting the best antique and modern rugs as well as a commitment to unsurpassed quality and superb client service, Warp & Weft offers the ability to attain the full effect of any space with beautiful carpets that bring all the elements of the interior to a perfect ensemble.
There's a section of Madison Avenue in Midtown lined with high-end carpet showrooms. It's beautiful to walk through at night, when the shops are lit from within — huge antique rugs fill plate glass display windows, and if you squint, the building facades look like giant patterned lanterns. Warp and Weft is one of the best of these Mad-Ave shops.Storeowner Michael Mandapati founded Warp and Weft in 2001. The space itself is a spare, loft-like showroom that feels more like a gallery than a shop. Patterned rugs from around the world hang from the walls like medieval tapestries in a museum.
They carry a mix of antique and contemporary carpets of very high quality — this is the kind of place where fictional Wall Street mogul Gordon Gekko would send his decorator. Actually, Warp & Weft supplied the carpets for Gordon Gekko's movie apartment, so...there you go.
Any first-hand reviews of Warp & Weft? Add them in the comments.
• Riviera Aqua Rug, price on request
• Yarlong Rug, price on request
• Riviera Champagne Carpet, price on request
• Kia Sar, price on request
• Angora Shag in Ivory, price on request
• Tabriz Rug, price on request
• Ikat Rug, price on request
• Antique Aubusson Carpet, price on request
• Retro Woolen Flatweave, price on request