The IKEA Rast dresser seems to be the DIYer's favorite project. And why not? At $30 a pop, the Rast is a small investment that, as you can see in the gallery of images, can be dressed up in an endless array of ways… • By removing a drawer, Laura from Rambling Along transform the dresser into a night stand. The gray and white treatment, along with the addition of the yellow floral print paper, is oh-so-modern. (There's even a bird on it!) Via Hodge Podge
• Bri from Me, You and a Weiner gave her Rast dresser a high style makeover. Painted a gorgeous shade of blue (who doesn't love blue?!), Bri turned up the style dial with the addition of Gold Greek keys and trim.
• Speaking of gold, we blogged about Nancy's Dorothy Draper-inspired Rast makeover earlier this year. With some paint and stencil, Nancy was able to knock off a vintage piece she had long admired.
• The Swedish furniture maker has even gotten in on the Rast hacking fun. As seen on the IKEA blog, this dresser has been dressed up with a faux bois print. And, in place of handles, cut outs were introduced to the drawer fronts.
• The flip side of IKEA's funky faux bois treatment, A Charming Nest converted their Rast into a very traditional look. The addition of trim to the base and drawers, plus some white paint and contrasting top, make the Rast look like a whole new piece of furniture altogether!
• Naomi at Design Manifest gave her Rasts an Asian inspired update. The finished pieces look like high end Asian chests.
• Changing up the Rast is nothing new. We noted Kate's Ikea Rast Dresser Hack almost two years ago. And we still love the two tone look.
Images: As credited above.