For years IKEA's EXPEDIT has been a ubiquitous storage solution for homes everywhere. But recently the Swedish furnishing giant's VITTSJÖ has been showing up more and more on my design radar. It doesn't scream IKEA, and you'd never guess the system starts as low as $40. The black metal and glass shelving system has a nice industrial quality on its own, but it seems to really shine when it's given a bright coat of paint. Here are five really great examples of VITTSJÖ's potential.Top: The VITTSJÖ on it's own.
Above, from left to right:
1. An organic modern twist with white paint and wood shelves, by Centsational Girl.
2. Glammed up and painted gold by Ana Antunes.
3. Nicole Balch, of Making it Lovely explains how to get the modern yellow etageres in a post for Better Homes and Gardens.
4. Spraypainted silver to match the chrome accents in the bathroom, another hack by Centsational Girl.
5. Inspired by Ana Antunes, this is a gold-leafed hack, by Honey Sweet Home.
(Images: As linked above)