Thinking about making a window box garden this year? Here are some of our best ideas and tips to get you started:
Looking for inspiration? Here are some beautiful boxes:
- The Urban Gardener: Window Boxes
- 10 Inspiring Window Box Gardens
- Spring Flowers: Creative Window Box Inspiration
Not sure what to plant in your box:
Need a new window box? Maxwell found some nice teak boxes, and here are 2 tutorials to make your own:
If you need to buy hardware to hang your box, consider where you want to hang it and what material is used on the outside of your home.
- I found some good general tips at SF Gate.
- Once you determine your needs, most gardening supply stores carry a variety of hooks and brackets. I found several interesting solutions at Kinsman Company, including no drill hooks for vinyl siding.
- If you home is made from brick, reader, Robyndoubleu, suggests these no drill brick clips from Lee Valley.
And if an outside box is not an option, consider an indoor one:
MORE URBAN GARDENING ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
(Image: Kate Fredriksen / Shutterstock)