2017 is the year of greenery. It's everywhere: in color trends, on pinboards and in the real-life homes we feature on Apartment Therapy. If you're not a plant person, bringing this trend into your home can seem intimidating, but there's one way to make it work that's so simple, even the most greenery-challenged person can do it. Seriously. All you need is one potted plant and one essential product from the Command™ Brand toolkit.
Collect Your Toolkit
This project is so minimal, you only need two things to make it:
- Command™ Clear Mini Hooks: Almost invisible, these mini-hooks hang with adhesive strips that won't damage your walls. They hold up to a half pound, so using them as plant clips is a no-brainer. Plus, they come off cleanly whenever you want to rearrange your vines.
- Pothos Vines: These are the perfect plants for a living wall because they're survivors that deal well with low light (more care tips below), and they're easy to hang, twine, and coax up a wall. Use one plant for a minimal arrangement, or group a few together to create a full wall of greenery.
Install Your Plant Wall
Pot your plant and choose a spot for it against the wall. Most light conditions will work, but try to avoid a wall that gets hot, direct sunlight.
- The Command™ Clear Mini Hooks come in sets of six, and you'll probably need two or three packs, depending on the number of vines your plant has.
- First, hold the vines up against the wall. Then, eyeball where you want the hooks to hold the vines.
- Install the Command™ Clear Mini Hooks using the instructions in the slides above.
Care for Your Plants
Pothos vines are famously tolerant of neglect, and basic care will keep them thriving. To keep your living wall looking its best, here are a couple of quick tips:
- Let soil dry out between waterings. If the leaves are brown and wilting, water more. If they're yellow, water less.
- Every once in a while, prune the leaves and stems to help train the plant and maintain the shape of your living wall.
That's it! You're done! It takes all of five minutes and makes your home into a pin-worthy plantfest. As the plant grows, direct its path with more hooks; when you've reached peak forest, just clip the vines.
This post is sponsored by Command™ Brand.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Apartment Therapy possible.