IKEA’s new SEKTION kitchen has yet to hit the U.S., but its European equivalent has been out for about a year. Designed for flexibility, METOD (similar to the soon-to-be SEKTION) features more sizes, shapes, drawer and facade options. We've seen lots of promotional images from IKEA, but here’s a look at some of the ways people abroad are already using it in their actual homes…
1. Above, Naku of Bambula combined METOD wall cabinets into a wall cabinet in her living room, creating a custom storage solution.
3. Sasa takes you through the entire process of gutting her kitchen and installing the METOD with LAXARBY doors.
4. Sessan recently installed the system with what looks to be BODBYN doors and drawer fronts.
5. This Scandinavian meets New England-style kitchen is from Jenka's Huset. The fronts are LAXARBY.
6. Anna of Att Bygga Ett Hus has chronicled her process of installing an IKEA METOD in her cabin outside Copenhagen. Here’s the almost-finished kitchen.
7. This mix and match home is in Inside Out magazine’s July 2014 issue and, while I don't know for sure if it's IKEA, the fronts looks a lot like NODSTRA.
8. Hannah of Copper & Wood spotted this kitchen with VEDDINGE doors at the Idea Home Show in London this Spring. It's technically not a "real" kitchen but interesting nonetheless to see how designers are putting them together.
So, what's the verdict? Do you like what you see?